Sunday, December 5, 2010

Just blowing in the wind

 Today is the Ching Ming Festival, in this easy sentimental time, I have selected several video clips to share with you. Through these story fragments, let us work together to understand how Westerners miss lost friends and relatives.
West who held memorial ceremony, translated similar to our memorial service will be held Asians, foreigners often take a similar event called the Celebration of Life, celebration of life is dead.
with a commemoration of the dead, East and West chose to commemorate the approach may be very different, which should be due to cultural differences. Eastern memorial, most dignified atmosphere depressed, after all, who loved deep left, we hardly relaxing together. and foreigners held in Celebration may form more of Life to mark the patterns are largely concerned with the deceased's personality, such as the deceased during his lifetime love of excitement, the memorial is likely to be a bustling party; the deceased during his lifetime preference for fashion and art, will participate in remembrance It may not be all-black clothing, but chose bright colors eye-catching outfit on stage in a relaxed and warm atmosphere hh miss the enemy s life in this way may seem contrary to reason in Asians, but in fact, form different, a deep nostalgia for the dead is the same.
Qing Ming Festival, which is also called Tomb Sweeping Day, means clear and bright in Chinese, falls on April 4th this year. It is both the fifth term in the traditional lunar calendar and a festival to hold memorial ceremony for the dead.
I guess todayrs topic is a little bit sad because werre gonna look at how western people honor the person who has died and provide tremendous relief for their loved ones.
If you've ever settled a loved one's affairs after death, you know it can be difficult to plan a funeral or memorial service, because the grief and stress of loss can make decisions even more challenging.
Speaking of the types of memorial services, here is some basic information about the most common types of memorial services. Some people want all of these options; others want none.
Viewing (visited the mortal remains). This is an opportunity for family and friends to view or sit with the body. A viewing is commonly held at a funeral home or mortuary, but sometimes people may choose other places - for example, their home, a community hall, or a church.
Wake (vigil). Traditionally , a wake is a gathering to celebrate and remember the life of the person who has died. Often characterized by both sadness and gaiety, this gathering can be an important part of the grieving process, allowing family and friends the opportunity to come together and comfort each other. A wake is often held at a family home or a mortuary that offers wake services.
Funeral (Funeral). A funeral is a traditional memorial ceremony, usually held in a funeral home or a church. The body is often present, in either an open or closed casket. Beyond that, there are no absolutes or requirements for planning a funeral. If the deceased person was religious, the funeral often includes a brief mass, blessing, or prayer service.
Thatrs it all about the western types of the memorial services. Letrs take on a movie journey to get to know more about the ways that western people honor the death. Shall we start it now? The following passage is from the movie: PS I love you. Here is the memorial ceremony that Holly holds for her dead husband Gerry. Check it out.
in PS I love You in this movie, Holly lost her husband at a young age. On this day,UGGs, friends and relatives came from all directions, In the pub she opened Holly, Holly's husband Gerry is held a memorial ceremony. auspices of many people in such activities as a minister, or respected people in the circle.
PS I Love you (the movie I love you the urn he had designed by the love of his life ... his wife, Holly. His life may be over for now, but we can still hear it. He lives in us forever in our hearts ... like his favorite song.
my interpretation:
if Gerry was alive, he would say: Let the party begin. Gerry does not need too many words we use to recall him, he prefers the expression form of music. He is a very unique, very outstanding young man, this is something you love from him, his wife mHolly ashes of his tank design is not difficult to see. Although his life ended, but his voice and smiling face still on. because he will live forever in our hearts, just as his favorite to sing this song as:
Got on a lucky one (with a lucky guy)
Came in eighteen to one (just in a moment appear)
I've got a feeling (I have a feeling)
This year's for me and you (you and me this year is the year)
So happy Christmas, I love you, baby (Christmas happy! I love you, my baby)
I can see a better time (I can foresee a better future)
When all our dreams come trueh (where our dreams come true very soon) < br> The next passage is from the movie Elizabeth Town. Since Drewrs dad - Mitch suddenly died in his hometownmElizabeth Town, his friends and family all come to the stage to honor his death in the memorial ceremony, and remind of the old days they spent with Mitch. His mom is the last one to give out her speech:
in the film a grand funeral and celebration. we spend together evoke the time and Mitch, Mitch describes all the fun. commemoration of the end of activity, Drew mother's passage, people have mixed feelings. No wonder the Western emphasis on but not gone, Town (film was to send ... my son to represent the family. I was terrified that you would look at me and see ... that woman from California who took him away. Even though we only lived in California as a family ... for 18 months, 27 years ago ... I always ... felt it. All because I was standing in an elevator in Tokyo ... and this handsome captain walked in ... on his way home to Elizabethtown. And he was engaged . And so was l. And somehow I hijacked him and took him to Disneyland! But something happened between us ... that was not part of the plan. We were in love. Let me tell you a little bit about life without Mitch. I wanted to get to know about Mitch's car ... and it actually ate me. I went to the bank and the teller looked at me strangely ... and I got home and I looked at myself in the mirror ... and my face was still green from a facial mask ... that I had forgotten to take off. And I called our insurance man of 30 years ... whose son Mitch had actually helped to get into West Point ... to tell him that Mitch was gone. He didn't call me back for two days. The car, the bank,UGG shoes, the insurance man, the world. I mean, nobody truly cared. Not like us. I always wanted to learn to tap dance ... so I took tap dance lessons. And I wanted to learn ... Yeah, I did. And I wanted to learn to cook organically ... and so I attempted that. And I fixed the toilet. Yeah. All by myself. And I wanted to learn to laugh. Why couldn't I be funnier when Mitch was alive? But you know, I figured it out. It takes time to be funny ... and it takes time to extract joy from life. So I enrolled in comedy school. Yeah, I did. I know, I know. I was the oldest one in the class. Thank you. And we were told to tell a story. Something true, something that really happened to us. So I got up there and I talked about my husband ... and the love he left behindh Oh, dear. He rooted for all of you. I love you. This is for you, your favorite song ... on a Saturday night.
I Interpretation:
I am a bit nervous because there was a time not to come here, but we finally come. there was a saying can be summed up our long marriage, both of us are two entirely different people, but they get along very harmonious hh original plan was made by my son to speak on behalf of the family, because I am afraid you will all blame me, this woman from California, when taking away your favorite person. After all, since we were married, Mitch seldom come back. Although twenty-seven years ago, we lived only eighteen months in California hh but I have been able to feel it, Mitch and I are binding as far away from you, let you mind this particular matter. When we met in Tokyo,Bailey UGG boots, there are times I take the elevator, suddenly a handsome military officer came in, he was about to return to his home in Elizabethtown. We have marriage, but I do not know how I pulled him out of tour Disneyland! Then, a wonderful thing happened. This is totally not in our plan, we fell in love hh I Laijiang Jiang days in the absence of Mitch is how I spent it! former home sizes Mitch care of the things are made, and now I have to learn to repair his own car, the result was almost caught in the hood of the car first. I go to the bank when the teller with a special look at me surprised back home look into the mirror I found the original face their own green, apply a mask even forgot to wash off hh I called our insurance brokers ... in the past three decades he has been with us have close contacts at home, his son into West Point or Mitch to help the busy hh I told him that Meacher had passed away, and he did not call me back two days. I mean, the whole world in fact, Nobody likes us, really care about Mitch live or die. I've always wanted to learn tap dancing hh Mitch gone so I signed up for tap dancing classes, I would love to learn, so I did. I'd like to learn organic cooking ... so I did a try. Next, I had to deal with daily life that alone, I still can not fix the toilet, did not find any thanks for your help. I want to learn to face life with a smile, recently also often emotion, why Mitch was alive, I can not funny point? Then I want to know, funny that it takes time to find joy from life hh also takes time. So I went to comedy school,Discount UGG boots, many students became the oldest teacher of a hh we tell a story, true, true in our who do, so I stood up for everyone to talk in there my husband hh hh the love he left my dear family and friends, Mitch had the love and support you can rest in peace. I love you This is for you, your favorite song hh
Desperate Housewives (U.S. drama all safe and sound, only Mrs. McCluscky friend Ada died. Lenette's son Parker to sue her, Ada is only to save their victims, Lenette hear for themselves the unfriendly and previously Ada endless guilt. Ada wanted to hear their love the ashes had been sprinkled on the baseball stadium, Lenette and Mrs. McCluscky determined to help Ada to achieve wishes, they have two days to take advantage of dark sneak into a baseball field. ashes sprinkled in as a friend before, Mrs. McCluscky presented for the Ada a poem entitled not stand at my grave and weep.
do for me in my grave and weep
Irm not there, I do not sleep
I am not there I do not sleep
I am a thousands winds that blow < br> I was continuously blowing breeze
I am the diamond gleams of snow
I was little snowflake light
I am the sunlight on ripe and grain,
I did as in mature crops sun
I am the gentle autumnrs rain
I am the rain fall, such as silk
Do not stand at my grave and cry.
do for me in my grave and weep
I am not there, I did not die.
I am not there I did not die

No comments:

Post a Comment